For our last meeting of the Fall Semester, we had a special treat! MNEA President Charles Smith and Vice-President Brent Fullington joined us to talk about the purpose of NEA. The organization fights for quality public schools by strengthening the teaching profession and promoting the well-being of it’s members. He stressed that disciplined people + disciplined thoughts + disciplined actions = results. He also described S.T.A.R. which stands for Strategic Teams Achieve Results. This is accomplished five ways.
1) Teaching and Learning
2) Collective Bargaining
4) Legal and Member Rights
5) Legislative and Political Action
As an NEA member, you are a part of a family of 35 million people that are also dedicated to making education the best that it can be.
MLK Challenge, January 20
1. Go to this link: https://cas.truman.edu:8443/cas/login?service=http://truservice.truman.edu/login.asp?page=%2Fprofile%2Easp
2. Log in to TruService with your Truman username and password
3. Create or update your profile
4. Select “My Activities” on the left menu
5. Select “Add Activities” under “One Time Activities”
6. Choose “MLK Day of Service , 1/20/2014”
7. Click the green “Add to My Activities” button near the bottom